June 27, 2009

Find Some Style

After a hiatus from web programming, I began trying out cascading style sheets (CSS) this afternoon. Thus far, I've created an external style sheet and tweaked the font type, background color, header properties and text alignment. This particular element of web programming seems daunting to me because I know that it can be very powerful and so I assume it'll be complex and subtle.

My goals for the weekend are to:
1) Review HTML Dog's CSS tutorial
2) Review and try every one of the basic style elements: box model, border, outline, margin, padding, list & table
3) Add all of these elements into a web page with a wedding theme, as a very first draft
4) Determine my next three steps to be completed before Wednesday

Resources:
Thus far, I'm using the w3schools CSS tutorial
Next up is HTML Dog - Apply CSS

0 comments: