June 01, 2009

Forms Can Be Fun

Today ended up being much busier than I initially expected, so I was only able to devote about 45 minutes to my studying. I experimented with adding an image but was slightly confused by the file path... since I'm currently building html files on my hard drive, there is a lack of translation to a real webpage.

After putting it off last week, I finally tackled forms and was able to easily build a simple form with text boxes, radio buttons, drop downs and check boxes. However, the text area eluded me.

Building a form so easily was really exciting, because this may allow us to have our guests RSVP for the reception dinner electronically! Of course, there's another layer of complexity in actually receiving the data in a usable format. I'll probably end up asking my friends for help, but also - I am may intentionally choose a more friendly hosting site, so that I can rely on their tech support initially.

Link to pick up on tomorrow:
Form Challenge
Guide to Forms on HTML Dog

0 comments: