June 11, 2008

Thing 5_More Fun with Flickr!

Oh the delight of techie time wasters! Sites like Spell with Flickr are delightful time waters but do they have any other purpose? I believe that small apps & mash-ups allow for people to dip their toe into the water of creativity with technology, and by exposing people to these mini-applications, libraries help inspire new bloggers, computer programmers and web designers. They also create the amazing cross flow between technology and other disciplines.

Quirky, ala Spell with Flickr:

Giant Q U Copper Uppercase Letter I K glowing Y-ucutan

I putzed around with Big Huge Labs application, as well, but chose not to create yet another account. It was cute and fun, but not all that exciting to me. I'm sure children would enjoy sharing their photos as puzzles and benefit from the spatial skills required to assemble them.

As to sharing my Flickr account, thus far I've only chosen to mark a few images as public, mostly those which are part of my craft projects and landscape images. All of the other images are labeled friends and family only. I have concerns regarding anonimity and personal space on the web.

0 comments: