June 11, 2008

Thing 6_Online Image Generators

Okay... the trading card feature on Big Huge Labs is lame, and I'm not just saying that to sound like a super-cool 14 year old. Here's why: lacks customization, lacks automatic cropping of text spaces, bad font (with no options) and cheesy layout.



I know one of the Carlton librarians and she raved about her trading card. I loved their trading cards and I can absolutely see how this would be a great technique for introducing librarians, their skills, specialties and contact information. I will be exploring the other image generators and experimenting with my own software and applications to create a slick trading card.

As you may have noticed, in my trading card I am standing beside a banner that proclaims "Justice League" with a smiling super hero. I work for a very whimiscal company, where departments choose "internal names" that are fun and inspiring and so the Legal Department is known as the Justice League! I suspect my VP would love to have a super hero trading card.

0 comments: