June 30, 2008

Things 11_Tagging, Del.icio.us & Furl

Just recently, when I was sorting a number of websites trying to find the ones that matched my current information need I thought to myself "Gee, I really need to start tagging sites." With having recently picked up an RSS Feeder addiction, I've been developing my love of tagging good posts with my feeds but that's so limited!

I absolutely see this as a tool for research, particularly for Web 2.0 and tech topics that are fluttering about on the blogosphere and other sites. And these are also great resources to share with other people (and techie librarians)!

However, at the same time there are draw backs. I'm still figuring out how to create memorable yet unique tags that will allow me to point others toward them and share what I'm finding interesting.

Of course, I also wish that these programs allowed for more interaction. My temporary solution is to have a wiki where people can interact with me about items I've tagged... but I just noticed that Furl does allow for comments, so that's a step in the right direction. This is definitely an area, where I'm going to continue to tinker because I see a lot of promise.

0 comments: