June 18, 2008

Thing 8_Share Your Creation

With a deep sigh, I must admit to being somewhat addicted to the slide-designing capabilities found in MS PowerPoint. Faced with the opportunity to try a variety of programs, I chose the one with the greatest features - Zoho. I can absolutely see a library using this, especially if they (or their audience) did not have access to PowerPoint. The features were pretty decent, with a good layout and relatively MS-like options. Additionally, the Zoho folks are working toward adding cool features like slide transitions and more clip art.

Below is my satirical play on a presentation. I've made some references to aboriginal people and in particular the Sami, which I studied during my ungrad college education. All joking aside, I have a deep respect for these cultures, their oral traditions and their rights both internationally and within their home countries.



Edit: After initially posting my presentation, I decided to add a few slides and yes, it automatically updated in my blog too. This could be very, very handy for presentations that are dynamic with technology. It's also possible to share the presentation with others for collaboration - another cool feature.

0 comments: