June 18, 2008

Thing 8_Share Your Creation 2

On to Vuvox! I am really enamored with this site and the possibilities it offers. I was first exposed to it during a presentation by the New Media Consortium on the 2008 Horizon Report. They used the Vuvox collage to create their mixed-media presentation, which caused me to have two immediate reactions. I did not like it for a traditional presentations, having the edges visible as is somewhat inevitable, seemed distracting. BUT at the same time, I saw amazing artistic opportunities. I first tried the publically available settings which were cool but disappointing in their cookie-cutter nature, but I applied to try out Collage, which is currently in private beta testing.

Below is my first attempt with Collage, which has all of the customizations that I'd hoped for:

2 comments:

Dane Howard said...

wonderful job! I also have found the collage tool to be a really great tool for my family website.

visit: www.chloehoward.com

I've used VUVOX on a number of things there. Good luck!

Jon Zetah said...

That is definitely sweet. I will now have to go to Vuvox.com to checkout those features. Being able to present material, especially visually, through new means that hasn't been seen before can be quite novel. Most of the students in our school building are quite familiar with PowerPoint presentations. Sure, they are still impressed (almost all of the grades have mounted LCD projectors), but there seems to be more out there that they haven't seen....like this.

Thank you for the work!