August 24, 2008

Thing 16_Student 2.0 Tools

While reviewing these tools, my first thought was very self-involved. "Wow, I wish that I'd had or known about these tools during my undergraduate studies." Now, to the why - I love the step based layout and the timeline approach (and yes I realize that many a last minute procastinating student would laugh at me), but this is a fantastic way to remind students that it might be better to start a little sooner AND give them an idea of what they might be able to do if they start the project a few days ahead.

So... outside my self-involved rant - I see a lot of possibilities with this tool. It provides a number of dimensions - there's the tool as a whole, all of the individual worksheets and the steps. Each of these could be used individually for a student who is stuck on a particular area or for a student looking for a way to begin, the entire package may be presented.

In looking at the Teacher's Guide, I thought the worksheets about creating projects that reduce the probability for plagarism was a refreshingly different idea. I love bringing in personalization and creativity for student projects.

A few notes, I had random trouble with some of the links and couldn't find any of the customization, at least in my subject areas... which may just not get as much attention, as some of the other major areas.

A very cool opportunity - I'm going to be pointing this out to people and students who I meet.

0 comments: