August 28, 2008

Thing 22_What Did I Learn Today?

As a future systems/tech librarian, I had already committed to self-study in the technology field. My initial goals included:

  • Maintaining my Google Reader with a plethora of technology and library related feeds, which I read at least twice a week. This is a goal that I find very easy to maintain but the next step is definitely to do additional study and research in the areas that interest me and possibly blog about it.
  • To expand just a little, my favorite feeds include: Lifehacker, The Shifted Librarian, Librarian in Black, iLibrarian, Matt's Cuppa and many more. If you'd like more information or the URLs, please comment.
  • Reading Library Hi Tech Journal at least 4 times a year.... this is an area where I've slacked. I need to commit to a Saturday in the library at least once a month to clear through these hefty journals.
  • Attending at least one library/information related conference each year which includes a segment on technology

As to all of the neat tools I tried here, a majority of them are already part of my daily life and those that were new, while cool and fun - most of them are time draws that I don't have time for while also in school.

0 comments: